Zaveri Bazaar blast: ATS questions owner of bike
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism
Squad (ATS) has questioned the owner of a bike, which was
found very close to the blast site in Zaveri Bazaar here, to
put together the sequence of events on July 13.
The maroon colour Honda Activa bearing number MH-01-AS
718 was one of the bikes which was very close to the blast
site and was partially destroyed in the bombings.
The bike belongs to one Ashok Jain who lives in
Ashok`s nephew Aniket Jain, whose father has a gold
shop in Zaveri Bazaar, said his uncle had parked the bike close
to the blast site at around 3.00 pm on Wednesday while the blasts
occurred at around 6:55 pm.
"ATS had called Ashok to its office at Nagpada
yesterday with all the papers pertaining to the bike," said
The insurance of the bike had expired two months ago.
"We did not even realise that the insurance has expired," he
The front portion of the bike was completely destroyed
in the blasts and the vehicle is presently in the custody of
the police. Police suspect that the blasts were triggered with
the use of an IED kept in an abandoned umbrella, on one of the
The triple bombings had claimed 19 lives and left over
130 people in the city injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!