Zaveri Bazaar blast: ATS questions owner of bike
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism
Squad (ATS) has questioned the owner of a bike, which was
found very close to the blast site in Zaveri Bazaar here, to
put together the sequence of events on July 13.
The maroon colour Honda Activa bearing number MH-01-AS
718 was one of the bikes which was very close to the blast
site and was partially destroyed in the bombings.
The bike belongs to one Ashok Jain who lives in
Ashok`s nephew Aniket Jain, whose father has a gold
shop in Zaveri Bazaar, said his uncle had parked the bike close
to the blast site at around 3.00 pm on Wednesday while the blasts
occurred at around 6:55 pm.
"ATS had called Ashok to its office at Nagpada
yesterday with all the papers pertaining to the bike," said
The insurance of the bike had expired two months ago.
"We did not even realise that the insurance has expired," he
The front portion of the bike was completely destroyed
in the blasts and the vehicle is presently in the custody of
the police. Police suspect that the blasts were triggered with
the use of an IED kept in an abandoned umbrella, on one of the
The triple bombings had claimed 19 lives and left over
130 people in the city injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal