F1 governing body opens race probe
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Monday, August 31, 2009, 12:42
  
Milan: Formula One's governing body has opened an investigation into alleged events at a past grand prix, the International Automobile Federation (FIA) said.

"The FIA can confirm an investigation is under way regarding alleged incidents at a previous Formula One world championship event," said a spokeswoman at the Belgian Grand Prix.

No details were given about which race was being investigated and sources close to the governing body refused to divulge any details.

Both the autosport.com and grandprix.com websites referred however to last year's Singapore Grand Prix won by Renault's Fernando Alonso.

The double world champion won the sport's first floodlit race after Brazilian team mate Nelson Piquet, who has since parted from the team, crashed and brought out the safety car.

Bureau Report


First Published: Monday, August 31, 2009, 12:42


comments powered by Disqus