0ver 18,000 airlifted by IAF in Uttarakhand since June 17
New Delhi: Indian Air Force has airlifted over 18,000 persons and dropped more than 3 lakh kg of relief material in flood-hit Uttarakhand since June 17 in its biggest ever helicopter operation for rescue and relief in the state.
"IAF has airlifted a total of 18,424 persons, flying a total of 2,137 sorties and dropping/ landing a total of 3,36,930 kgs of relief material and equipment," it said in a statement on Sunday.
In its rescue and relief operations for `Op Rahat` that were undertaken since morning, a total of 749 persons were airlifted, flying a total of 93 sorties and dropped about 12,000 kgs of relief material and equipment, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan