1 lakh register for Anna’s Jail Bharo Andolan
New Delhi: With battle lines drawn between the government and the civil society over the Lokpal Bill, Team Anna has begun a fierce campaign for generating people’s support for Anna Hazare’s proposed hunger strike from December 27.
India Against Corruption (IAC) has launched a website - www.jailchalo.com, which went live on Thursday. Over 1 lakh people people have already registered for the campaign and more are expected to join in.
The website allows the people to register themselves for the ‘jail bharo’ campaign to fight for passage of the Jan Lokpal Bill.
While at MMRDA Ground at suburban Bandra-Kurla Complex, social activist Anna Hazare will be sitting on his latest round of fast, this time for three days. And beginning December 30 till January 1, Team Anna will hold ‘jail bharo aandolan’ if Parliament fails to pass a strong and effective Lokpal Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners