10 students achieve perfect score in CAT
New Delhi: Ten students, eight of them from IITs, score 100 per cent in the Common Admission Test 2012 for entry into the Indian Institutes of Management and other top business schools, results of which were announced Wednesday.
Five of the ten students are still in their final year of graduation, a statement from IIM-Kozhikode, the convener for the CAT 2012, said.
Four girls have scored 99.99 percentile, highest score for among the girls this year, it said, adding that the four engineering students in their final year are from Karnataka, Odisha, Delhi and Uttar Pradesh.
In all, 255 girls and 1,640 boys scored more than 99 percentile.
"The CAT 2012 results indicate that the rhetoric of inclusion indeed matches the reality inside IIM classrooms. We are glad that we started the trend of greater gender diversity inside IIMs," Debashis Chatterjee, Director of IIM Kozhikode was quoted as saying in the statement.
CAT 2012 was significant as it saw an increase in registrations, first time after moving to a computer based testing platform, it said.
The number of girls registering and appearing for the test showed a considerable uptrend, the statement said, adding that the development might be seen as a response to the gender diversity in classrooms being sought by most IIMs following IIM Kozhikode`s shift in admission policy.
In addition, candidates from lesser privileged sections of society are registering in increasing numbers and are also excelling in the test, it said.
"In all a total of 191,642 candidates appeared in the 21-day long testing window from October 11, 2012 to November 6, 2012," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town