10 students achieve perfect score in CAT
New Delhi: Ten students, eight of them from IITs, score 100 per cent in the Common Admission Test 2012 for entry into the Indian Institutes of Management and other top business schools, results of which were announced Wednesday.
Five of the ten students are still in their final year of graduation, a statement from IIM-Kozhikode, the convener for the CAT 2012, said.
Four girls have scored 99.99 percentile, highest score for among the girls this year, it said, adding that the four engineering students in their final year are from Karnataka, Odisha, Delhi and Uttar Pradesh.
In all, 255 girls and 1,640 boys scored more than 99 percentile.
"The CAT 2012 results indicate that the rhetoric of inclusion indeed matches the reality inside IIM classrooms. We are glad that we started the trend of greater gender diversity inside IIMs," Debashis Chatterjee, Director of IIM Kozhikode was quoted as saying in the statement.
CAT 2012 was significant as it saw an increase in registrations, first time after moving to a computer based testing platform, it said.
The number of girls registering and appearing for the test showed a considerable uptrend, the statement said, adding that the development might be seen as a response to the gender diversity in classrooms being sought by most IIMs following IIM Kozhikode`s shift in admission policy.
In addition, candidates from lesser privileged sections of society are registering in increasing numbers and are also excelling in the test, it said.
"In all a total of 191,642 candidates appeared in the 21-day long testing window from October 11, 2012 to November 6, 2012," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report