10,000 dengue cases in the country
New Delhi: More than 10,000 dengue cases have
been detected in the country so far this year and Punjab tops
the list while Delhi stood fifth with around 900 such cases.
According to Municipal Corporation of Delhi, dengue cases
continue to be reported in the city as 19 more people being
diagnosed with dengue fever in the past one day.
"The average number of dengue cases being reported in the
hospital is still high. 19 cases were reported in the past 24
hours. With this the total number of dengue cases went up to
894," said V K Monga, Chairman, public health committee,
Municipal Corporation of Delhi.
According to the Union Health Ministry, Punjab tops the
list of affected states with 2,016 dengue cases followed by
1,793 cases in Orissa, 1,398 in Tamil Nadu and 963 in Kerela
With people also testing positive for Japanese
encephalitis in the city, the Delhi government and the MCD
have decided to collect 500 blood samples of pigs to check
presence of virus in them.
Fourteen people have been affected by Japanese
encephalitis in the last two months, officials said.
"Sample collection has begun. The situation is nothing
alarming. We are carrying out all measures to prevent mosquito
breeding in and around affected areas," Monga said.
Malaria cases have risen to 251 mark but no new
chikungunya cases have been reported in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi