10,000 dengue cases in the country
New Delhi: More than 10,000 dengue cases have
been detected in the country so far this year and Punjab tops
the list while Delhi stood fifth with around 900 such cases.
According to Municipal Corporation of Delhi, dengue cases
continue to be reported in the city as 19 more people being
diagnosed with dengue fever in the past one day.
"The average number of dengue cases being reported in the
hospital is still high. 19 cases were reported in the past 24
hours. With this the total number of dengue cases went up to
894," said V K Monga, Chairman, public health committee,
Municipal Corporation of Delhi.
According to the Union Health Ministry, Punjab tops the
list of affected states with 2,016 dengue cases followed by
1,793 cases in Orissa, 1,398 in Tamil Nadu and 963 in Kerela
With people also testing positive for Japanese
encephalitis in the city, the Delhi government and the MCD
have decided to collect 500 blood samples of pigs to check
presence of virus in them.
Fourteen people have been affected by Japanese
encephalitis in the last two months, officials said.
"Sample collection has begun. The situation is nothing
alarming. We are carrying out all measures to prevent mosquito
breeding in and around affected areas," Monga said.
Malaria cases have risen to 251 mark but no new
chikungunya cases have been reported in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY