104-yr-old guru undergoes successful spine surgery
New Delhi: Ujjain-based spiritual guru Mouni Baba, who is 104 years old, underwent a successful spine surgery at a private hospital near the national capital, weeks after going through an angioplasty operation.
The surgery was performed at Gurgaon-based Fortis Memorial Research Institute (FMRI) just five weeks after the spiritual guru underwent an angioplasty operation.
"The patient came to us with excruciating pain in his legs and back resulting from a prolapsed disc. Surgery was the only option to relieve the pain," said Additional Director of Department of Neurosurgery Sandeep Vaishya.
He said such a surgery was a challenge in itself considering the age of the patient and an angioplasty operation just five weeks before meant there were multiplied risks involved.
"Surgery helps relieve pain and improves quality of life. With Guru Mouni Baba undergoing surgery at 104, age no longer remains a bar for the spine surgery," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites