11-member committee to probe Stephen Court fire
Kolkata: West Bengal government today
constituted an 11-member inquiry committee to probe the
Stephen Court fire here.
The committee, headed by former chief secretary S N Roy,
would have representatives from police, Kolkata Municipal
Corporation among other bodies, State`s chief secretary Ashok
Mohan Chakraborty said.
The committee had been asked to submit its report in
three months, he added.
The government had on March 25 announced that a committee
would be formed to investigate the fire which claimed 42
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy