111 Indian fishermen remanded in custody in Sri Lanka
Colombo: A Sri Lankan court has remanded 111 Indian fishermen, arrested for allegedly entering the country`s waters, in judicial custody till next Friday.
Trincomalee Magistrate court served the remand orders on the fishermen arrested on Wednesday off the coast of Mullaitivu, a town on the north-eastern coast of Northern Province.
Police spokesman, Superintendent Ajith Rohana, said 15 trawlers had also been seized and the Trincomalee harbor police are conducting further investigations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days