111 Indian fishermen remanded in custody in Sri Lanka
Colombo: A Sri Lankan court has remanded 111 Indian fishermen, arrested for allegedly entering the country`s waters, in judicial custody till next Friday.
Trincomalee Magistrate court served the remand orders on the fishermen arrested on Wednesday off the coast of Mullaitivu, a town on the north-eastern coast of Northern Province.
Police spokesman, Superintendent Ajith Rohana, said 15 trawlers had also been seized and the Trincomalee harbor police are conducting further investigations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'