121 central govt officials under CVC scanner
New Delhi: The Central Vigilance Commission
has recommended imposition of major penalty against 121
central government officials for alleged corruption.
Of the total 121 officials, a highest of 16 are from
State Bank of India followed by 15 each from Ministry of
Railways and Ministry of Power and 11 each from Central Board
of Excise and Customs and Vijaya Bank.
Besides, five officials each from Central Board of Direct
Taxes and Oriental Bank of Commerce, four each from Allahabad
Bank, Punjab National Bank, State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur,
Employees Provident Fund Organisation, Oriental Insurance
Company Limited and three from Indian Bank were also
penalised, the anti-corruption watchdog said in its monthly
performance report of January.
The chief technical examination wing of the commission
effected recovery to the tune of Rs 2.25 crore after
inspecting public procurement and other works carried out by
government departments during the month, the report said.
Of the 394 cases dealt by the CVC, minor penalty was
slapped on 88 officials; administrative action, warning,
censure etc were issued to 49 officials and 136 others were
closed, it said.
Two officials each of Ministry of Commerce, Syndicate
Bank and one each of Bharat Sanchar Nigam limited, Bharat
Coking Coal Limited, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas,
Indian Council of Agricultural Research and Ministry of
Overseas Indian Affairs were also advised major penalty for
their alleged involvement in graft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31