121 central govt officials under CVC scanner
New Delhi: The Central Vigilance Commission
has recommended imposition of major penalty against 121
central government officials for alleged corruption.
Of the total 121 officials, a highest of 16 are from
State Bank of India followed by 15 each from Ministry of
Railways and Ministry of Power and 11 each from Central Board
of Excise and Customs and Vijaya Bank.
Besides, five officials each from Central Board of Direct
Taxes and Oriental Bank of Commerce, four each from Allahabad
Bank, Punjab National Bank, State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur,
Employees Provident Fund Organisation, Oriental Insurance
Company Limited and three from Indian Bank were also
penalised, the anti-corruption watchdog said in its monthly
performance report of January.
The chief technical examination wing of the commission
effected recovery to the tune of Rs 2.25 crore after
inspecting public procurement and other works carried out by
government departments during the month, the report said.
Of the 394 cases dealt by the CVC, minor penalty was
slapped on 88 officials; administrative action, warning,
censure etc were issued to 49 officials and 136 others were
closed, it said.
Two officials each of Ministry of Commerce, Syndicate
Bank and one each of Bharat Sanchar Nigam limited, Bharat
Coking Coal Limited, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas,
Indian Council of Agricultural Research and Ministry of
Overseas Indian Affairs were also advised major penalty for
their alleged involvement in graft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog