12.30 lakh land titles given to tribals
New Delhi: In a bid to ensure that people in
tribal areas get due share in forest land, government has
distributed more than 12.30 lakh land titles to such residents
and additional 13,000 titles are ready for distribution.
"Till October 2011, more than 31.49 lakh titles have been
filed and more than 12.30 lakh titles have been distributed
under the Act. More than 13,000 titles were ready for
distribution," Minister of State for Tribal Affairs Mahadeo
Singh Khandela said today in a written reply in Rajya
On reports of harassment by local administration of forest
dwellers claiming land under the ST and Other Traditional
Forest Dwellers (Recognition of Forest Rights) Act 2006, he
said, "Complaints have been received concerning denial of
rights and eviction of tribals from forests."
These complaints have been sent to respective states for
taking necessary action as the implementation of Act lies with
the state government, he said.
On health facilities in tribal areas, Khandela said
National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) has taken several steps
to improve health infrastructure in these ares with a special
focus on 18 states.
"A new initiative namely Janani Shishu Suraksha Karyakaram
(JSSK) has been launched in June 2011, which entitles all
pregnant women delivering in public health institutions to
absolutely free and no expense delivery including caesarean
section," he said.
More than eight lakh Accredited Social Health Activists
have been engaged to generate demand of health care services
by the community, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days