1,23,790 Indians arrive for Hajj in Saudi Arabia
Jeddah: Nearly 2.5 million Muslims, including
1,23,790 Indians have arrived for the world`s largest annual
human assembly, Hajj pilgrimage, as Saudi Arabia stepped up
preparation for the event which peaks on Saturday.
Saudi Arabia has completed all preparations for the
largest Muslim gathering by mobilising all its resources to
ensure the welfare and security of pilgrims.
"Many of the 2.5 million pilgrims, who are expected to
perform Hajj this year, will leave for the Mina valley,
located five km east of Mecca, on Thursday evening at the
start of the annual pilgrimage. The rest of them will proceed
to the tent city Friday," Arab News said.
The pilgrimage will peak on Saturday as Muslims gather in
the plain of Mount Arafat, outside Mecca in the western region
of the Kingdom.
"A total of 1,23,790 pilgrims have arrived from India.
1,23,725 are in Mecca and 3 pilgrims are in Madina.
So far 435 flights have come from India," Consulate
General of India said here. "As of today 74 pilgrims have
expired," it said yesterday.
The majority of the faithful who are performing Hajj for
the first time are immensely happy for having gotten the rare
opportunity. They repeat the religious slogan: "Labbaik
Allahumma Labbaik" (O God, we are here in response to your
This year the pilgrims will enjoy full-scale operation of
the Mashair Railway that links the holy sites of Mina, Arafat
and Muzdalifah. The train service will bring about a dramatic
improvement in the transport of pilgrims by carrying more than
1 million faithful during the peak Hajj days.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!