127 Haj pilgrims from Bihar stranded in Medina
New Delhi: About 127 Haj pilgrims from Bihar are stranded in Saudi Arabia for more than 36 hours after their flight was cancelled due to some technical reason.
The group, consisting of 54 women and 73 men, claimed they were not being provided any information when their flight would actually take off for Gaya from Prince Mohammad bin Abdulaziz airport in Medina.
"We had to take our return flight (AI-5012) on November 1 but were told that the flight has been cancelled due to some technical reason. Now we have no information about when our flight would take off," 54-year-old Gulshan Ara told PTI from Medinah.
Ara, along with her 60-year-old husband Mohammed Jan Alam and other, had left for Medinah from Gaya on Air India flight (AI-5913) on September 21.
The group consists mostly of aged pilgrims from Bihar`s Muzaffarpur (120) and Nalanda (seven) district.
They were to come back from Medinah to Gaya as per schedule on November 1 by Air India flight (AI 5012), which was scheduled to arrive 2.40 PM at Gaya airport.
When contacted, an Air India official said the flight was not being operated by the national carrier and was being carried out by private airlines.
Alam claimed that as their flight was on November 1, their luggage were taken away by the airlines and they were told to vacate the hotel as their hotel bookings had expired.
"Now, the hotel people are asking us to vacate the rooms as our booking has expired but we resisted as we were not given assurances about our place of stay at the airport. Since our luggages have gone to airport, we have no much money left with us. Some of us have already exhausted our money," Alam said over phone from Medinah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks