12th Five Year Plan based on "unrealistic assumptions": BJP
New Delhi: Describing the 12th Five Year Plan as one based on "unrealistic assumptions", a "no plan and non-realisable", BJP on Friday said it is already a "late starter" and the problem is aggravated due to "lack of political will and leadership" in the UPA government.
"The 12th Five Year Plan, which was approved by the NDC yesterday, was to start in April 2012. Till the time it is rolled out, another six months will pass. So, we have lost one and half years or 25 per cent of the Plan period," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
He alleged the Plan is based on "unrealistic assumptions".
"The whole exercise remains theoretical and does not inspire or assure the nation of faster development with equity. In a way, it is a lost opportunity to take the country on a more firm and fast growth trajectory," Javadekar said.
BJP maintained it is not the only one criticising the 12th Plan. "In September, Union Minister P Chidambaram had said the same thing. The major issue here is that the Plan is without any focus and there is no political will to implement it. The UPA government has exhibited how the government should not function," Javadekar said.
The principal opposition cautioned that most of its provisions may merely remain on paper and not be implemented.
"Many of the assumptions are un-realisable and therefore the targets are also unattainable," Javadekar said.
He charged all sectors show a trend of underperformance and hence the ambitious targets are likely to turn out to be "mythical".
"On such a background, what is required is a political leadership and political will of the government, which is completely absent. The government may have made some announcements but they lack direction and a vision," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- SC asks Haryana Police to finish AIPMT paper leak probe
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise