13 Pakistani fishermen held for trespassing
Ahmedabad: Thirteen Pakistani fishermen have been arrested for allegedly entering Indian waters illegally, Indian Coast Guard (ICG) officials said here on Saturday.
"Indian Coast Guard ship Meera Behn, while conducting an international maritime boundary line (IMBL) patrol, apprehended one Pakistani fishing boat with thirteen crew members from inside the Indian waters late last night," ICG said in a press release.
The apprehended boat `Al Jia Jalani` was registered in Pakistan, the release said.
"The fishing boat with the crew members is being escorted to Okha port by the ICGS ship for handing them over to local police," it said.
The fishermen will then be taken to the joint interrogation centre at Bhuj for questioning, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen