13 Pakistani fishermen held for trespassing
Ahmedabad: Thirteen Pakistani fishermen have been arrested for allegedly entering Indian waters illegally, Indian Coast Guard (ICG) officials said here on Saturday.
"Indian Coast Guard ship Meera Behn, while conducting an international maritime boundary line (IMBL) patrol, apprehended one Pakistani fishing boat with thirteen crew members from inside the Indian waters late last night," ICG said in a press release.
The apprehended boat `Al Jia Jalani` was registered in Pakistan, the release said.
"The fishing boat with the crew members is being escorted to Okha port by the ICGS ship for handing them over to local police," it said.
The fishermen will then be taken to the joint interrogation centre at Bhuj for questioning, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what