13 Tibetan protesters detained in Delhi
New Delhi: Police have detained more than a dozen Tibetan exiles demonstrating outside the Chinese Embassy in the Indian capital.
The Tibetan Youth Congress says Sunday`s demonstration was organized as a show of solidarity following recent self-immolation protests by Tibetans against the Chinese government.
The protesters waved red and blue Tibetan flags and chanted "Free Tibet" and "We want freedom." They were blocked by New Delhi police as they rushed toward the Chinese Embassy.
MP Saini, a police officer, says 13 protesters were detained for violating a law prohibiting more than four people from gathering in the area around the embassy.
Five Tibetans have set themselves on fire in southwest China`s Sichuan province in the past two weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown