13/7 blasts case: Nikam appointed public prosecutor
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government has appointed special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam to represent it during the trial of 13/7 Mumbai triple blasts that claimed 27 lives.
Nikam, who was also the public prosecutor in the 26/11 Mumbai attacks case, in which, the only surviving terrorist Ajmal Kasab was held guilty and sentenced to death, has been appointed to represent the state in the blasts case, sources said.
Nikam said he would do his best in the trial court to ensure highest punishment to the arrested accused in the case.
He had also represented the government in the 1993 bomb blast case, the trial of which, lasted almost for 14 years, BJP leader Pramod Mahajan murder trial and Gateway of India blast case in 2003.
The Maharashtra ATS has so far arrested four alleged operatives of Indian Mujahideen, identified as Haroon Naik, hawala operator Kanwar Nain Wazeer Chand Patrija, Naqi Ahmed Wasi Ahmed Sheikh and Nadeem Akhtar Ashfaq Sheikh in connection with the triple blasts. The elite investigating agency is yet to file charge
sheet in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie