13/7 blasts: Five more suspects under ATS scanner
Mumbai: Maharashtra ATS, probing the 13/7
blasts case, is looking to nab five more alleged Indian
Mujahideen operatives suspected to have played key role in the
terror attacks, besides the group`s top operative Yasin
Bhatkal and the two planters, police said on Saturday.
The Anti Terrorism Squad has already arrested four IM
operatives - Naquee Ahmed, Nadeem Sheikh, Kanwar Pathrija and
Haroon Naik - for their alleged involvement in the blasts and
are lodged in judicial custody.
The state`s elite agency, which has invoked stringent
MCOCA charges against the accused, is yet to file charge sheet
in the case.
After claiming the breakthrough in January, the ATS had
claimed it was looking for Bhatkal and two bomb planters Waqas
"Besides, these three (Bhatkal, Waqas and Tarbez), we
are also looking for five more suspects including Sarfaraz and
Shaikh Tahseen who appear to have participated in the attacks.
We have a reason to believe that these five were in contact
with the module involved in the July 13 blasts," said a source
in the ATS.
During the massive manhunt, which is still underway,
the ATS teams visited many states including West Bengal,
Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Rajastan, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh,
Throwing some more light, sources said Tahseen, a
Mumbai resident hailing from Bihar, was in the city before and
on the day of the blasts but after that, his movements could
not be traced.
According to the ATS, Bhatkal, Waqas and Tarbez had
rented a third floor flat in Byculla`s Habib building where
they assembled explosives before triggering blasts at Dadar,
Zaveri Bazaar and Opera House on July 13 last year, which
claimed 27 lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!