13/7 blasts: Five more suspects under ATS scanner
Mumbai: Maharashtra ATS, probing the 13/7
blasts case, is looking to nab five more alleged Indian
Mujahideen operatives suspected to have played key role in the
terror attacks, besides the group`s top operative Yasin
Bhatkal and the two planters, police said on Saturday.
The Anti Terrorism Squad has already arrested four IM
operatives - Naquee Ahmed, Nadeem Sheikh, Kanwar Pathrija and
Haroon Naik - for their alleged involvement in the blasts and
are lodged in judicial custody.
The state`s elite agency, which has invoked stringent
MCOCA charges against the accused, is yet to file charge sheet
in the case.
After claiming the breakthrough in January, the ATS had
claimed it was looking for Bhatkal and two bomb planters Waqas
"Besides, these three (Bhatkal, Waqas and Tarbez), we
are also looking for five more suspects including Sarfaraz and
Shaikh Tahseen who appear to have participated in the attacks.
We have a reason to believe that these five were in contact
with the module involved in the July 13 blasts," said a source
in the ATS.
During the massive manhunt, which is still underway,
the ATS teams visited many states including West Bengal,
Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Rajastan, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh,
Throwing some more light, sources said Tahseen, a
Mumbai resident hailing from Bihar, was in the city before and
on the day of the blasts but after that, his movements could
not be traced.
According to the ATS, Bhatkal, Waqas and Tarbez had
rented a third floor flat in Byculla`s Habib building where
they assembled explosives before triggering blasts at Dadar,
Zaveri Bazaar and Opera House on July 13 last year, which
claimed 27 lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi