13/7 blasts: Five more suspects under ATS scanner
Mumbai: Maharashtra ATS, probing the 13/7
blasts case, is looking to nab five more alleged Indian
Mujahideen operatives suspected to have played key role in the
terror attacks, besides the group`s top operative Yasin
Bhatkal and the two planters, police said on Saturday.
The Anti Terrorism Squad has already arrested four IM
operatives - Naquee Ahmed, Nadeem Sheikh, Kanwar Pathrija and
Haroon Naik - for their alleged involvement in the blasts and
are lodged in judicial custody.
The state`s elite agency, which has invoked stringent
MCOCA charges against the accused, is yet to file charge sheet
in the case.
After claiming the breakthrough in January, the ATS had
claimed it was looking for Bhatkal and two bomb planters Waqas
"Besides, these three (Bhatkal, Waqas and Tarbez), we
are also looking for five more suspects including Sarfaraz and
Shaikh Tahseen who appear to have participated in the attacks.
We have a reason to believe that these five were in contact
with the module involved in the July 13 blasts," said a source
in the ATS.
During the massive manhunt, which is still underway,
the ATS teams visited many states including West Bengal,
Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Rajastan, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh,
Throwing some more light, sources said Tahseen, a
Mumbai resident hailing from Bihar, was in the city before and
on the day of the blasts but after that, his movements could
not be traced.
According to the ATS, Bhatkal, Waqas and Tarbez had
rented a third floor flat in Byculla`s Habib building where
they assembled explosives before triggering blasts at Dadar,
Zaveri Bazaar and Opera House on July 13 last year, which
claimed 27 lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues