13/7: Custody of accused extended till March 22
Mumbai: A local court today extended the
police custody of four arrested accused in the 13/7 triple
blasts case till March 22.
The court extended the custody of Naquee Ahmed, Nadeem
Shaikh, Kanwar Pathrija and Haroon Naik after it was informed
that new leads have come up, for which, their interrogation
Ujjwal Nikam, who has been appointed as special public
prosecutor in the case, told the court that ATS had stumbled
upon new clinching evidence in the case.
Defence lawyer Khalid Azmi opposed the police custody
saying that for a long time ATS teams were camping outside
Mumbai and nothing new had come up in the investigations and
he requested that the accused be sent to judicial custody.
Three blasts ripped Zaveri Bazaar, Opera House in south
Mumbai and at Dadar in central Mumbai on July 13 last year,
killing 27 people and injuring several others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing