13/7: Custody of accused extended till March 22
Mumbai: A local court today extended the
police custody of four arrested accused in the 13/7 triple
blasts case till March 22.
The court extended the custody of Naquee Ahmed, Nadeem
Shaikh, Kanwar Pathrija and Haroon Naik after it was informed
that new leads have come up, for which, their interrogation
Ujjwal Nikam, who has been appointed as special public
prosecutor in the case, told the court that ATS had stumbled
upon new clinching evidence in the case.
Defence lawyer Khalid Azmi opposed the police custody
saying that for a long time ATS teams were camping outside
Mumbai and nothing new had come up in the investigations and
he requested that the accused be sent to judicial custody.
Three blasts ripped Zaveri Bazaar, Opera House in south
Mumbai and at Dadar in central Mumbai on July 13 last year,
killing 27 people and injuring several others.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai