close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

13/7: Custody of two accused extended till Feb 24

A city court extended till February 24 the police custody of two alleged operatives of Indian Mujahideen.



Mumbai: A city court on Saturday extended till
February 24 the police custody of two alleged operatives of
Indian Mujahideen, arrested for one of the three bomb blasts
that rocked the metropolis on July 13 last year, police said.

As their police custody ended today, the accused
Haroon Naik and Nain Wazeer Chand Patrija were produced before
a Metropolitan Magistrate`s Court, which extended their
custody till February 24, after the ATS told the court that
the accused needs to be grilled further to obtain some
important details related to the July 13 blasts case,
Maharashtra ATS sources said.

Naik is suspected to have used hawala channels to fund
the blasts with the help of Patrija (42), who handed over Rs
10 lakh to fugitive IM`s top operative Yasin Bhatkal to
execute the terror attack, police had said.
Naik, who was already behind bars in a fake currency
case, was taken into custody in the blast case on February 1.
Patrija, who hails from Ghaziabad, was arrested from Delhi on
January 30.

Near-simultaneous bomb blasts at Zaveri Bazaar, Opera
House and Dadar had killed 27 persons. ATS so far had arrested
four terror suspects in the case.

Yesterday a local court had extended till February 27,
the police custody of Naqi Ahmed Wasi Ahmed Sheikh (22) and
Nadeem Akhtar Ashfaq Sheikh (23), two more accused arrested in
the case.
PTI

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions

trending

photo gallery

video

DNA EXCLUSIVES

World Bank treats road safety as public health crisis, so should we

Indian IT’s crisis of innovation: Industry has allowed arrogance to replace its original vision

DNA Edit: Privacy vs public safety

India’s population boom is busting social welfare schemes

No broadcasting blues, please