1,310 candidates selected in combined medical services exam
New Delhi: 1,310 candidates have been selected in Combined Medical Service Examinations, results of which were declared on Tuesday by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
These candidates have been recommended for appointment to posts in Railways, Indian Ordnance Factories Health Service, Central Government Health Services, East, North and South Delhi Municipal Corporations and New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC).
A total number of 1,310 candidates have been recommended for appointment which include 588 general category candidates, 398 belonging to Other Backward Classes, 210 candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste and 114 to Scheduled Tribes, a release issued by Ministry of Personnel said.
The written exam was conducted by the UPSC on June 30 last year and interviews were held during November-December, 2013.
The number of vacancies reported by the government were 1,492.
The mark sheet is expected to be available on the website of www.Upsc.Gov.In after around 15 days from the date of publication of results for a period of 45 days, the release said.
Candidates can access the mark sheet after keying in their roll number and date of birth. Printed copy of the mark sheet can be issued to the candidates on a specific request received with self-addressed envelope duly affixed with postage stamps, within a period of 30 days, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'A Wednesday' veterans Anupam Kher, Naseeruddin Shah spar over Kashmiri Pandits - Details inside
- National Anthem disrespect: Farooq Abdullah offers apology, says 'sorry, if I offended anyone'
- Rio Olympics should be moved or postponed due to Zika, suggest experts
- Mehbooba Mufti hints no separate colonies for Kashmiri Pandits in J&K
- Bihar board Intermediate Result 2016 declared: Check BSEB 12th Result result at www.biharboard.ac.in, www.biharboard.bih.nic.in