1.4 lakh jobs in railways next year: Mukul Roy
Suri: Railway minister Mukul Roy on Sunday said that 1.4 lakh people would be recruited in the railways next year.
"In the coming year, 1,44,000 people will be employed in the railways," Roy said after laying the foundation stone of a road over bridge and foot over bridge at Nalhati in Birbhum district.
More than 75,000 jobs were created in the railways in the past six months and more people would be recruited, he said.
Referring to the road over bridge, he said, "This project was demanded by local MP Satabdi Roy. In response to her request, Mamata Banerjee sanctioned the project when she was the railway minister".
The project started late as the previous Left Front government did not cooperate with the railways, he said, adding that to implement the project the cooperation of the state government is required.
This road over bridge will be an example of joint venture between rail and the state government, Roy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security