1.4 lakh jobs in railways next year: Mukul Roy
Suri: Railway minister Mukul Roy on Sunday said that 1.4 lakh people would be recruited in the railways next year.
"In the coming year, 1,44,000 people will be employed in the railways," Roy said after laying the foundation stone of a road over bridge and foot over bridge at Nalhati in Birbhum district.
More than 75,000 jobs were created in the railways in the past six months and more people would be recruited, he said.
Referring to the road over bridge, he said, "This project was demanded by local MP Satabdi Roy. In response to her request, Mamata Banerjee sanctioned the project when she was the railway minister".
The project started late as the previous Left Front government did not cooperate with the railways, he said, adding that to implement the project the cooperation of the state government is required.
This road over bridge will be an example of joint venture between rail and the state government, Roy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?