1.4 lakh jobs in railways next year: Mukul Roy
Suri: Railway minister Mukul Roy on Sunday said that 1.4 lakh people would be recruited in the railways next year.
"In the coming year, 1,44,000 people will be employed in the railways," Roy said after laying the foundation stone of a road over bridge and foot over bridge at Nalhati in Birbhum district.
More than 75,000 jobs were created in the railways in the past six months and more people would be recruited, he said.
Referring to the road over bridge, he said, "This project was demanded by local MP Satabdi Roy. In response to her request, Mamata Banerjee sanctioned the project when she was the railway minister".
The project started late as the previous Left Front government did not cooperate with the railways, he said, adding that to implement the project the cooperation of the state government is required.
This road over bridge will be an example of joint venture between rail and the state government, Roy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender