142 arrested after protest at Shinde`s residence
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Wednesday night arrested 142 protesters who barged into the residence of Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde to stage a protest demanding reservation for Jat community and a case of rioting has been slapped against them.
A senior police official said a case has been registered under sections 147 (rioting), 149 (unlawful assembly), 186 (obstructing public servant in discharge of public functions), 353 (hurt) and 451 (trespass) against the arrested persons.
In a security breach, scores of protesters demanding reservation for Jat community today barged into the residence of Shinde here, following which the Delhi Police suspended 13 of its personnel for dereliction of duty.
The protesters under the aegis of Akhil Bhartiya Jat Aarakshan Sangharsh Samiti opened the gate by damaging it and reached the courtyard where they staged the sit in.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory