142 arrested after protest at Shinde`s residence
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Wednesday night arrested 142 protesters who barged into the residence of Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde to stage a protest demanding reservation for Jat community and a case of rioting has been slapped against them.
A senior police official said a case has been registered under sections 147 (rioting), 149 (unlawful assembly), 186 (obstructing public servant in discharge of public functions), 353 (hurt) and 451 (trespass) against the arrested persons.
In a security breach, scores of protesters demanding reservation for Jat community today barged into the residence of Shinde here, following which the Delhi Police suspended 13 of its personnel for dereliction of duty.
The protesters under the aegis of Akhil Bhartiya Jat Aarakshan Sangharsh Samiti opened the gate by damaging it and reached the courtyard where they staged the sit in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test