144 Sea Trainees successfully complete course
Kochi: A total of 144 sea trainees on Friday successfully completed the important sea phase of their preparation to be leaders in the Navy, at the First Training Squadron of Southern Naval Command.
The passing out parade was reviewed by Rear Admiral MS Pawar, Chief of Staff of the Southern Naval Command.
Addressing the trainees, the Rear Admiral reminded them that the sea does not condone inadequate knowledge, lack of proficiency or poor leadership. He also exhorted them to understand each man they command and know their strengths, weaknesses and aspirations. Fairness, compassion, humility and the ability to lead by example would win loyalty of the men, the Vice Admiral added.
The First Training Squadron, comprising ships INS Tir, INS Gharial, INS Sujata, INS Sudarshini, INS Tarangini, and Coast Guard Ship Varuna, is commanded by Captain VK Sawhney.
The 144 trainees comprised the pioneer batch of Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala who completed the Flagship B-Tech course, trainees from National Defence Academy, Short Service commissioned Officers, Graduate special entry scheme officers as well as 25 Officers from the Indian Coast Guard.
Sub Lieutenant Ajit Singh Rana won the Chief of Naval Staff trophy and Telescope for the best all round officer. Sub Lieutenant Prashant Chandra won Chief of Naval Staff Trophy and Binoculars for standing first in overall order of merit.
Assistant Commandant Anuj Singh Chauhan received the Director General Indian Coast Guard Trophy for the best Coast Guard officer. Sub Lieutenant Rohit Reddy was awarded Flag Officer Commanding in Chief East Naval Command Trophy for maximum progress in various subjects. Sub Lieutenant Shakti Singh was adjudged the best Sportsman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you