14538 acres Defence land under illegal occupation: Govt
New Delhi: Government on Wednesday said that around 14538 acres of Defence land was under illegal occupation or encroachment at different locations across the country.
"10,441.42 acres of Defence land was under encroachment
and 4097.96 acres was under illegal occupation across the
country," Defence Minister A K Antony said in reply to a Rajya
He said the ministry was taking action to get back the
land from illegal encroachers and occupants.
Meanwhile, replying to another query, Antony said the
security forces had killed 1,463 terrorists in Jammu and
Kashmir since 2006 and lost 236 of its men, including 21
officers, 17 Junior Commissioned Officers and 198 jawans.
In reply to another query, Antony said that the IAF had
grounded the fleet of its Su-30 MKI aircraft after one of it
had crashed over Jaisalmer, killing Wing Commander P S Narah
from IAF`s Directorate of Flight Safety.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi