14538 acres Defence land under illegal occupation: Govt
New Delhi: Government on Wednesday said that around 14538 acres of Defence land was under illegal occupation or encroachment at different locations across the country.
"10,441.42 acres of Defence land was under encroachment
and 4097.96 acres was under illegal occupation across the
country," Defence Minister A K Antony said in reply to a Rajya
He said the ministry was taking action to get back the
land from illegal encroachers and occupants.
Meanwhile, replying to another query, Antony said the
security forces had killed 1,463 terrorists in Jammu and
Kashmir since 2006 and lost 236 of its men, including 21
officers, 17 Junior Commissioned Officers and 198 jawans.
In reply to another query, Antony said that the IAF had
grounded the fleet of its Su-30 MKI aircraft after one of it
had crashed over Jaisalmer, killing Wing Commander P S Narah
from IAF`s Directorate of Flight Safety.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Mathura violence: Judicial probe into Jawahar Bagh incident begins
- IIFA 2016: Dramatic entry! When Shahid Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar hit the green carpet on Spanish donkeys - Pic inside
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit