14538 acres Defence land under illegal occupation: Govt
New Delhi: Government on Wednesday said that around 14538 acres of Defence land was under illegal occupation or encroachment at different locations across the country.
"10,441.42 acres of Defence land was under encroachment
and 4097.96 acres was under illegal occupation across the
country," Defence Minister A K Antony said in reply to a Rajya
He said the ministry was taking action to get back the
land from illegal encroachers and occupants.
Meanwhile, replying to another query, Antony said the
security forces had killed 1,463 terrorists in Jammu and
Kashmir since 2006 and lost 236 of its men, including 21
officers, 17 Junior Commissioned Officers and 198 jawans.
In reply to another query, Antony said that the IAF had
grounded the fleet of its Su-30 MKI aircraft after one of it
had crashed over Jaisalmer, killing Wing Commander P S Narah
from IAF`s Directorate of Flight Safety.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- 143 of 300 girls cleared JEE under Udaan scheme: Smriti Irani
- Uber and Ola accused by Karnataka of violating rules, vehicles seized
- Will free jailed Pakistan doctor who tracked Osama bin Laden: Donald Trump
- Federation Cup National Athletics: Lalita Babar sets national mark, Sudha Singh joins her in 2016 Rio Olympics 3000m steeple
- Delhi Speaker nominates 13 AAP MLAs as members of civic bodies