1,474 fresh recruits join SSB
New Delhi: A total of 1,474 fresh recruits were on Saturday commissioned into the border guarding force SSB, which keeps vigil along Indian frontiers with Nepal and Bhutan.
The recruits, in the ranks of constables, will join the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) which is planning to induct more men in order to effectively monitor these borders.
"We have already completed training of 5,000 jawans and by end of October this year we will have 7,000 more recruits which will enable us to bring down the inter-border out post distance from 5 km to 3.5 km by establishing new posts along the border," SSB chief Pranay Sahay said after taking the ceremonial salute from these freshly-trained recruits.
The troops have completed 44-week basic training from the trainers of Delhi police and the SSB in weapon handling, unarmed combat and other policing subjects.
The SSB is in expansion mode and in next three years the force will establish 89 more BoPs on Indo-Nepal Border and 32 more BoPs on Indo-Bhutan Border. At present, it has 450 BOPs on 1,751-km-long Indo-Nepal border and 132 BoPs on 699-km Indo-Bhutan border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened