15 cases of laundering in terror financing booked by ED: Govt
New Delhi: The Government on Friday said the Enforcement Directorate (ED) has registered 15 cases under anti-money laundering laws in the last four years to probe terror financing instances.
"During last three years and current year, Enforcement Directorate has registered 15 cases under Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) based on predicate offences relating to financing terrorism.
"ED takes action under PMLA in suitable cases including the cases based on predicate offences relating to financing terrorism. Such action may result in attachment of property derived from, or involved in, money laundering leading to subsequent confiscation," Minister of State for Finance Nirmala Sitharaman said in a written reply to Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video