15 cases of laundering in terror financing booked by ED: Govt
New Delhi: The Government on Friday said the Enforcement Directorate (ED) has registered 15 cases under anti-money laundering laws in the last four years to probe terror financing instances.
"During last three years and current year, Enforcement Directorate has registered 15 cases under Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) based on predicate offences relating to financing terrorism.
"ED takes action under PMLA in suitable cases including the cases based on predicate offences relating to financing terrorism. Such action may result in attachment of property derived from, or involved in, money laundering leading to subsequent confiscation," Minister of State for Finance Nirmala Sitharaman said in a written reply to Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees