15 cases of laundering in terror financing booked by ED: Govt
New Delhi: The Government on Friday said the Enforcement Directorate (ED) has registered 15 cases under anti-money laundering laws in the last four years to probe terror financing instances.
"During last three years and current year, Enforcement Directorate has registered 15 cases under Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) based on predicate offences relating to financing terrorism.
"ED takes action under PMLA in suitable cases including the cases based on predicate offences relating to financing terrorism. Such action may result in attachment of property derived from, or involved in, money laundering leading to subsequent confiscation," Minister of State for Finance Nirmala Sitharaman said in a written reply to Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing