15 cases of laundering in terror financing booked by ED: Govt
New Delhi: The Government on Friday said the Enforcement Directorate (ED) has registered 15 cases under anti-money laundering laws in the last four years to probe terror financing instances.
"During last three years and current year, Enforcement Directorate has registered 15 cases under Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) based on predicate offences relating to financing terrorism.
"ED takes action under PMLA in suitable cases including the cases based on predicate offences relating to financing terrorism. Such action may result in attachment of property derived from, or involved in, money laundering leading to subsequent confiscation," Minister of State for Finance Nirmala Sitharaman said in a written reply to Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH