15 cases of laundering in terror financing booked by ED: Govt
New Delhi: The Government on Friday said the Enforcement Directorate (ED) has registered 15 cases under anti-money laundering laws in the last four years to probe terror financing instances.
"During last three years and current year, Enforcement Directorate has registered 15 cases under Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) based on predicate offences relating to financing terrorism.
"ED takes action under PMLA in suitable cases including the cases based on predicate offences relating to financing terrorism. Such action may result in attachment of property derived from, or involved in, money laundering leading to subsequent confiscation," Minister of State for Finance Nirmala Sitharaman said in a written reply to Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Islamic State urges Ramadan attacks in US, Europe in new audio broadcast
- Meet the graduates! Aryan Khan and Navya Naveli Nanda celebrate freedom like stars—View pics
- Watch: 'Smart' walking stick that can help Parkinson's sufferers regain rhythm!
- Shocking: DFO owns luxurious swimming pool as Sukma craves for water
- SC to hear plea seeking water supply ban to Maharashtra breweries