1.5 lakh Pakistanis arrived in India in last 3 years
New Delhi: Over 1.5 lakh Pakistani nationals arrived in India in the last three years with valid visas, the government on Tuesday said.
Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran informed the Lok Sabha that 53,137 Pakistanis arrived in the country in 2009, 51,739 in 2010 and 48,640 came in 2011.
Ramachandran said details of the number of Pakistani nationals whose visa period was extended were not centrally maintained.
"The visa of a Pakistani national is normally extended for short duration on medical grounds, to attend marriage of relatives, to stay with close relatives for more time, for business purpose or to enable certain specific eligible categories to apply for Long Term Visa," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?