15 votes of MPs found invalid in Prez poll
New Delhi: Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal on Sunday said out of the 748 votes cast by the MPs, 15 were found invalid of which majority belonged to the ruling UPA.
"15 votes were invalid. Of these 15, nine are ours and six are of non-UPA parties," he told reporters after meeting President-elect Pranab Mukherjee.
The Minister was asked how the party was hoping to better its performance in the forthcoming Vice Presidential poll.
He said the party would ensure in the elections that all MPs cast their votes properly so that the performance can be further improved.
Bansal said in the Presidential polls, Mukherjee secured 69.3 per cent of the total votes and defeated opposition candidate P A Sangma by a margin of over four lakh votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority