15 votes of MPs found invalid in Prez poll
New Delhi: Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal on Sunday said out of the 748 votes cast by the MPs, 15 were found invalid of which majority belonged to the ruling UPA.
"15 votes were invalid. Of these 15, nine are ours and six are of non-UPA parties," he told reporters after meeting President-elect Pranab Mukherjee.
The Minister was asked how the party was hoping to better its performance in the forthcoming Vice Presidential poll.
He said the party would ensure in the elections that all MPs cast their votes properly so that the performance can be further improved.
Bansal said in the Presidential polls, Mukherjee secured 69.3 per cent of the total votes and defeated opposition candidate P A Sangma by a margin of over four lakh votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!