150 smart schools to come up across the country
New Delhi: The government has proposed to
establish 150 "smart schools" across the country under an ICT
"Under the revised centrally sponsored scheme
`information and communication technology in schools`, there
is a provision to establish 150 smart schools in the country,"
said Minister of State for HRD D Purandeswari.
In a written reply in the Lok Sabha on Wednesday, she said Rs 25
lakh is being provided to the states and union territories to
establish each smart school.
She said proposals for 59 smart schools in 11 states and
three union territories have been cleared so far.
While five schools each have been cleared for Andhra
Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Uttar
Pradesh and West Bengal, four schools each have been cleared
for states like Manipur, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Puducherry and
Proposals have been cleared for setting up two schools
each in Delhi and Daman & Diu, the Minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray