150 smart schools to come up across the country
New Delhi: The government has proposed to
establish 150 "smart schools" across the country under an ICT
"Under the revised centrally sponsored scheme
`information and communication technology in schools`, there
is a provision to establish 150 smart schools in the country,"
said Minister of State for HRD D Purandeswari.
In a written reply in the Lok Sabha on Wednesday, she said Rs 25
lakh is being provided to the states and union territories to
establish each smart school.
She said proposals for 59 smart schools in 11 states and
three union territories have been cleared so far.
While five schools each have been cleared for Andhra
Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Uttar
Pradesh and West Bengal, four schools each have been cleared
for states like Manipur, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Puducherry and
Proposals have been cleared for setting up two schools
each in Delhi and Daman & Diu, the Minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar