15,000 additional securitymen for anti-Naxal operations
New Delhi: As Maoists continued to strike at
will, the Centre is planning to deploy around 15,000
additional paramilitary personnel by April in the
Naxal-affected states to deal with the extremists.
These men will be in addition to the 60,000 Central
security personnel currently deployed to assist the state
governments to counter the Naxals.
The men, who are now being acquired from forces like
CRPF, BSF and ITBP, will first get a six-week training on
jungle warfare before being deployed on the ground, a Home
Ministry official said.
Security forces are now engaged in an offensive against
the Maoists in the three inter-state junctions which are
considered to be the hotbed of the extremists. They are
Chhattisgarh-Maharashtra-Orissa, Chhattisgarh-Orissa and West
Government is also planning to launch operation in the
West Bengal-Orissa border. In all the operations, the state
police forces are taking the lead role while the Central
paramilitary forces are assisting them.
"All the anti-Naxal operations are going on in close
coordination with concerned state governments with the active
assistance from the Central government. The long haul
operations will be going on till the areas are cleared off
Maoists and rule of the law is restored there," the official
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read