15,000 police on duty ahead of Babri Masjid demolition day
Madurai: About 15,000 police have been deployed on security duty in the southern districts of Tamil Nadu, ahead of Babri Masjid Demolition day falling on December 6, officials said.
The tight security would continue till Dec 7,they said.
Officials said 24 hour checkposts have been put up along highways and important roads. Coastal Marine Police and Coast Guard had also been asked to keep a close watch along the coast from Kanyakumari to Nagapattinam, they said.
Lodge owners had been asked to install CCTVs at entry points inform of the arrival of customers and provide them accommodation only if they produced ID cards. Lodges in various temple cities and towns were being closely monitored and surprise checks were being held, officials said.
Railway police had increased number of personnel in reserved and unreserved compartments and sniffer dogs had been pressed into service round the clock along with bomb detection and disposal police personnel.
Baggage of railway passengers were being scanned and police strength had been increased at the airport, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?