15,000 posts of cops from Naxal, other areas still vacant
New Delhi: More than 15,000 posts of constable, to be filled from Naxalism and insurgency-hit areas, have remained vacant in various paramilitary forces after recruitments during 2012-13, the government informed Parliament on Tuesday.
A total of 15,702 positions remained vacant after the SSC conducted recruitments and declared results for posts of constables in forces like CRPF, BSF, ITBP, CISF, SSB and Assam Rifles from areas designated as Naxal affected, north east and border districts.
The government, however, did not elaborate the reasons for the posts going unfilled.
"Some vacancies in Naxal-affected districts, north east states and border districts in the rank of constable (general duty) in central armed police forces and Assam Rifles for the vacancy year 2012-13 have remained unfilled after the Staff Selection Commission has declared results recently," Minister of State for Home R P N Singh said in a written reply in Lok Sabha.
The minister also said that orders have been issued to launch special recruitment drives to fill these vacancies.
He said in reply to another question that since 2001, Naxals have killed around 5,745 civilians and 2,062 security personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win
- PM Modi lays foundation for Ambedkar memorial in Mumbai, Shiv Sena boycotts event