1.54 lakh register for Anna’s Jail Bharo Andolan
New Delhi: With battle lines drawn between the government and the civil society over the Lokpal Bill, Team Anna has begun a fierce campaign for generating people’s support for Anna Hazare’s proposed hunger strike from December 27.
India Against Corruption (IAC), which is spearheading the Lokpal campaign, had launched a website - www.jailchalo.com, which went live last week on Thursday.
So far nearly 1 lakh and fifty four thousand people have already registered for the campaign and more are expected to join in.
The website allows the people to register themselves for the ‘jail bharo’ campaign to fight for passage of the Jan Lokpal Bill.
While at MMRDA Ground at suburban Bandra-Kurla Complex, anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare will begin his three-day fast to press for a strong Lokpal Bill.
Team Anna will hold ‘jail bharo aandolan’ if Parliament fails to pass a strong and effective Lokpal Bill from December 30 till January 1.
To participate in Anna’s Mumbai fast, one can visit www.jailchalo.com and register for jail chalo abhiyan.
With IANS Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Shocking! UP man caught having sexual relationship with 140 women, which includes lady police officer - READ
- Do not intervene in South China Sea dispute: China tells Japan
- Nepal PM KP Sharma Oli steps down
- Centuries-old fair symbolising maize blossom begins in Himachal
- 2016 Olympics: Russia escape blanket ban, but IOC bars whistle-blower from Rio Games