1.54 lakh register for Anna’s Jail Bharo Andolan
New Delhi: With battle lines drawn between the government and the civil society over the Lokpal Bill, Team Anna has begun a fierce campaign for generating people’s support for Anna Hazare’s proposed hunger strike from December 27.
India Against Corruption (IAC), which is spearheading the Lokpal campaign, had launched a website - www.jailchalo.com, which went live last week on Thursday.
So far nearly 1 lakh and fifty four thousand people have already registered for the campaign and more are expected to join in.
The website allows the people to register themselves for the ‘jail bharo’ campaign to fight for passage of the Jan Lokpal Bill.
While at MMRDA Ground at suburban Bandra-Kurla Complex, anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare will begin his three-day fast to press for a strong Lokpal Bill.
Team Anna will hold ‘jail bharo aandolan’ if Parliament fails to pass a strong and effective Lokpal Bill from December 30 till January 1.
To participate in Anna’s Mumbai fast, one can visit www.jailchalo.com and register for jail chalo abhiyan.
With IANS Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack