15th Lok Sabha passed landmark bills: Sushma Swaraj
New Delhi: Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj Friday said the 15th Lok Sabha may have had many disruptions but it passed some of the landmark Bills.
Addressing the house on the last sitting of 15th Lok Sabha, Swaraj wished luck to all the members in the parliamentary elections, saying they were opponents not enemy.
"The opposition is based on issues. We criticise them, but the sharpest of criticisms do not come in the way of personal relations... Advani ji always advised me to behave according to the dignity of the house," the leader of opposition said.
"We are taking with us sweet and sour memories. When history will be written, it will be recorded... that the 15th Lok Sabha saw the highest number of obstructions, but on other side it passed some of the most awaited bills," Sushma Swaraj said.
"The nation awaited for Lokpal (bill) for 40 years, I feel proud that this Lok Sabha passed the Lokpal Bill. People were waiting for Telangana bill for years..." she said naming some of the bills.
Friday was the last day of the last session of 15th Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof