15th LS going to enter record books for no good reason: Omar
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday said the 15th Lok Sabha was going to enter the record books but for no good reason, apparently referring to the unruly scenes in the Lower House of Parliament over the Telangana issue.
"So the 15th Lok Sabha is going to be one for the record books and for absolutely no good reason whatsoever," Omar wrote on micro-blogging site Twitter.
In a new low in India`s parliamentary history, pepper spray was used in the Lok Sabha resulting in hospitalisation of three MPs following a ruckus over introduction of the Telangana bill after which 18 Seemandhra MPs were suspended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report