15th LS going to enter record books for no good reason: Omar
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday said the 15th Lok Sabha was going to enter the record books but for no good reason, apparently referring to the unruly scenes in the Lower House of Parliament over the Telangana issue.
"So the 15th Lok Sabha is going to be one for the record books and for absolutely no good reason whatsoever," Omar wrote on micro-blogging site Twitter.
In a new low in India`s parliamentary history, pepper spray was used in the Lok Sabha resulting in hospitalisation of three MPs following a ruckus over introduction of the Telangana bill after which 18 Seemandhra MPs were suspended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 12 ultras surrender in Chhattisgarh, cite disappointment with Maoist ideology
- Flood situation grim in Arunachal Pradesh, NH-52 submerged at Namsai
- End of an era! Verizon buys Yahoo for $4.8 billion
- Leader of Opposition in Goa Assembly, Pratapsinh Rane, death penalty for drug peddlers
- AAP to move Delhi High Court against arrests of MLAs in 'false cases'