16 JKLF activists court arrest
Srinagar: 16 activists of JKLF today
courted arrest in Budgam district of central Kashmir as part
of its "fill-the-jail" campaign against alleged violation of
Led by senior leader Ashraf Bin Salam, the JKLF
activists took out a procession in the main chowk Budgam, 16
kms from here, before courting arrest, official sources said.
The Front started the agitation on June 18 when over
40 people, including its chairman Mohammad Yaseen Malik,
courted arrest in Lal Chowk area of the city.
Eighteen activists of the Front courted arrest in
Sopore town of north Kashmir on June 19, thirteen in Pulwama
town of south Kashmir on June 21, seven on June 22 in Handwara
in Kupwara district and ten in Ganderbal district yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire