16 JKLF activists court arrest
Srinagar: 16 activists of JKLF today
courted arrest in Budgam district of central Kashmir as part
of its "fill-the-jail" campaign against alleged violation of
Led by senior leader Ashraf Bin Salam, the JKLF
activists took out a procession in the main chowk Budgam, 16
kms from here, before courting arrest, official sources said.
The Front started the agitation on June 18 when over
40 people, including its chairman Mohammad Yaseen Malik,
courted arrest in Lal Chowk area of the city.
Eighteen activists of the Front courted arrest in
Sopore town of north Kashmir on June 19, thirteen in Pulwama
town of south Kashmir on June 21, seven on June 22 in Handwara
in Kupwara district and ten in Ganderbal district yesterday.
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why