16 JKLF activists court arrest
Srinagar: 16 activists of JKLF today
courted arrest in Budgam district of central Kashmir as part
of its "fill-the-jail" campaign against alleged violation of
Led by senior leader Ashraf Bin Salam, the JKLF
activists took out a procession in the main chowk Budgam, 16
kms from here, before courting arrest, official sources said.
The Front started the agitation on June 18 when over
40 people, including its chairman Mohammad Yaseen Malik,
courted arrest in Lal Chowk area of the city.
Eighteen activists of the Front courted arrest in
Sopore town of north Kashmir on June 19, thirteen in Pulwama
town of south Kashmir on June 21, seven on June 22 in Handwara
in Kupwara district and ten in Ganderbal district yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur