16 JKLF activists court arrest
Srinagar: 16 activists of JKLF today
courted arrest in Budgam district of central Kashmir as part
of its "fill-the-jail" campaign against alleged violation of
Led by senior leader Ashraf Bin Salam, the JKLF
activists took out a procession in the main chowk Budgam, 16
kms from here, before courting arrest, official sources said.
The Front started the agitation on June 18 when over
40 people, including its chairman Mohammad Yaseen Malik,
courted arrest in Lal Chowk area of the city.
Eighteen activists of the Front courted arrest in
Sopore town of north Kashmir on June 19, thirteen in Pulwama
town of south Kashmir on June 21, seven on June 22 in Handwara
in Kupwara district and ten in Ganderbal district yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed