16 Sri Lankan fishermen detained by Coast Guard
Chennai: Indian Coast Guard on Friday apprehended 16 Sri Lankan fishermen who were illegally fishing in three boats in Indian waters off Karaikal in Puducherry.
"ICG ship `Sagar` on a routine patrol off Karikal this morning sighted three Sri Lankan boats with 16 crew, who were poaching in Indian waters. These boats with the fishermen are being brought to Chennai for handing over to the police", an ICG release here said.
The ICG has launched extensive aerial search operations to ensure the poachers if any are detected and apprehended. ICG ships and aircraft were kept ready for operations at short notice for apprehension of poachers, if detected in aerial search, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Singapore's Deputy PM calls on Narendra Modi
- AIMIM to move to SC against Bombay HC verdict on allowing women entry to Haji Ali
- Cuteness alert! Meet Deepak Tijori's adorable daughter Samara Tijori – View pics
- Disrupted sleeping habits may cause suicidal thoughts
- US aid to Pakistan shrinks amid mounting frustration over militants