17 foreign sailors apprehended off Junagadh coast
Ahmedabad: Seventeen foreign sailors were on Sunday apprehended and their boat seized from near the sea coast in Unna taluka of Junagadh district, police said.
Out of the 17 sailors, 14 are from Somalia, while 3 are
from Yemen, they said.
According to police, these sailors seemed to have lost
their way in the sea after the fuel in their boat got
The sailors were taken to a government hospital in Unna
taluka for primary medical treatment, as they are not in a
good health. They were later brought to the police station,
where they were being questioned with the help of an
interpreter, they added.
Coast Guard and other intelligence agencies have been
informed about the incident, police said, adding that these
agencies are likely to question these sailors.
Nothing incriminating has been found so far from them,
police said, adding that further investigation in the matter
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie