17 foreign sailors apprehended off Junagadh coast
Ahmedabad: Seventeen foreign sailors were on Sunday apprehended and their boat seized from near the sea coast in Unna taluka of Junagadh district, police said.
Out of the 17 sailors, 14 are from Somalia, while 3 are
from Yemen, they said.
According to police, these sailors seemed to have lost
their way in the sea after the fuel in their boat got
The sailors were taken to a government hospital in Unna
taluka for primary medical treatment, as they are not in a
good health. They were later brought to the police station,
where they were being questioned with the help of an
interpreter, they added.
Coast Guard and other intelligence agencies have been
informed about the incident, police said, adding that these
agencies are likely to question these sailors.
Nothing incriminating has been found so far from them,
police said, adding that further investigation in the matter
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'