17 Pakistani fishermen arrested off Gujarat`s Jakhau coast
Jamnagar: Seventeen Pakistani fishermen were arrested and two boats were seized off Jakhau coast for illegally crossing the International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL) and entering the Indian waters, a top officer of the Indian Coast Guard said on Thursday.
"Seventeen Pakistani fishermen were arrested and their two boats were seized yesterday by ICGS `Meera Bhen` on patrolling duty. They were nabbed for illegally fishing in Indian water under the Maritime Zones of India (MZI) Act," ICG DIG S S Dasila said.
"Two boats `Mola Madad` and `Al Faizzani Madina` were also seized," he added.
They were brought to the Joint Interrogation Centre in Okha today and the questioning was underway, sources said.
"Nothing incriminating has been recovered from them," an ICG official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report