17 Pakistani fishermen arrested off Gujarat`s Jakhau coast
Jamnagar: Seventeen Pakistani fishermen were arrested and two boats were seized off Jakhau coast for illegally crossing the International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL) and entering the Indian waters, a top officer of the Indian Coast Guard said on Thursday.
"Seventeen Pakistani fishermen were arrested and their two boats were seized yesterday by ICGS `Meera Bhen` on patrolling duty. They were nabbed for illegally fishing in Indian water under the Maritime Zones of India (MZI) Act," ICG DIG S S Dasila said.
"Two boats `Mola Madad` and `Al Faizzani Madina` were also seized," he added.
They were brought to the Joint Interrogation Centre in Okha today and the questioning was underway, sources said.
"Nothing incriminating has been recovered from them," an ICG official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred