176 OTA cadets commissioned into Army
Gaya: As many as 176 cadets on Saturday passed out from the Officers Training Academy (OTA), Gaya on way to being commissioned in the Indian Army.
A passing-out parade was held at the Drill Maidan in Gaya where the General Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Central Command, Lt General Anil Chait took the guard of honour from the cadets.
Speaking on the occasion, Lt General Chait asked the cadets to ensure that the country`s security comes first in their lives and duties.
"Aapke liye desh ki suraksha, samman aur bhalai apke liye har samay aur hamesha sarvopari hi rahengi....Iske pashchat apke jawanon ki subidha aur bhalai apka dusra uddeshwya hone chahiye (For you, the country`s security, respect and welfare should be of paramount importance for all the time....This should be followed by the comforts and welfare of the jawans)," he said.
"Your own comforts should come last," he said in a motivational speech to the new recruits.
Lt General Chait also apprised them about the traditions of the armed forces and important events of its history and told them to respect these traditions and work hard to maintain the same.
He urged them to establish a balance with the manpower and modern warfare techniques to further the country`s strategic interests and security.
Lt General Gopal Singh Bisht, the commandant of the OTA Gaya earlier welcomed Lt General Chait at the passing out parade and introduced the cadets to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video