176 OTA cadets commissioned into Army
Gaya: As many as 176 cadets on Saturday passed out from the Officers Training Academy (OTA), Gaya on way to being commissioned in the Indian Army.
A passing-out parade was held at the Drill Maidan in Gaya where the General Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Central Command, Lt General Anil Chait took the guard of honour from the cadets.
Speaking on the occasion, Lt General Chait asked the cadets to ensure that the country`s security comes first in their lives and duties.
"Aapke liye desh ki suraksha, samman aur bhalai apke liye har samay aur hamesha sarvopari hi rahengi....Iske pashchat apke jawanon ki subidha aur bhalai apka dusra uddeshwya hone chahiye (For you, the country`s security, respect and welfare should be of paramount importance for all the time....This should be followed by the comforts and welfare of the jawans)," he said.
"Your own comforts should come last," he said in a motivational speech to the new recruits.
Lt General Chait also apprised them about the traditions of the armed forces and important events of its history and told them to respect these traditions and work hard to maintain the same.
He urged them to establish a balance with the manpower and modern warfare techniques to further the country`s strategic interests and security.
Lt General Gopal Singh Bisht, the commandant of the OTA Gaya earlier welcomed Lt General Chait at the passing out parade and introduced the cadets to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!