1.90 cr Aadhaar numbers generated so far: Govt
New Delhi: The government on Wednesday said about
1.90 crore Unique Identification Numbers (UID) or `Aadhaar`
involving country`s citizens have been generated as on July
"As many as 1.90 crore Aadhaar numbers have been
generated so far," Minister of State for Planning, Ashwini
Kumar said in a written reply to Lok Sabha.
Collection of biometric and demographic details of
citizens for preparation of Aadhaar is undertaken by the
Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
The authority (UIDAI) plans to cover 600 million
residents by March, 2014, Kumar added.
Enrolments of residents are conducted by the Registrar
of UIDAI, and the work is undertaken by central and state
agencies and public sector banks and financial institutions,
The minister said enrolments are taking place in most of
In reply to another question, Kumar said Ministry of
Finance had constituted a task force under the Chairmanship of
Nandan Nilkeni to recommend and implement a methodology for
direct cash transfer of subsidies on Kerosene, LPG and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical