1984 riots: Phoolka ready to face probe, disclose assets
Patiala: In the wake of allegations hurled
against him by the DSGMC head, senior lawyer H S Phoolka, who
has been appearing on behalf of the victims in 1984 anti-Sikh
riot cases, Sunday said he was ready to face any kind of probe
by the Income Tax Department.
The advocate, who has accused DSGMC president P S Sarna
of levelling reckless allegations against him, said he would
welcome any kind of inquiry against him provided Delhi Sikh
Gurdwara Management Committee members were also covered under
such a probe.
Phoolka had recently announced his withdrawal from all
the anti-Sikh riot cases following allegations levelled by
However, he took back his decision after the Akal
Takht, the highest temporal seat of the Sikhs, intervened and
asked him to continue appearing on behalf of the victims.
"I will welcome any kind of inquiry by the IT office.
But at the same time, the IT probe should be conducted against
all DSGMC members," Phoolka said.
The advocate said whatever assets he had amassed were
acquired through fair means.
Phoolka said he was ready to disclose all his assets
though he was not holding any official position or post.
"But before that, every member of the DSGMC, who is
holding a statutory post, should also declare their assets,"
On the allegations against him, Phoolka said "these
charges are being made now under a deep rooted conspiracy as
some `84 anti-Sikh riot cases are nearing completion."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi