1993 blasts: CBI files supplementary chargesheet
Mumbai: CBI today filed an over 1000-page
supplementary chargesheet against Feroze Abdul Rashid Khan,
arrested accused in the 1993 serial blasts case.
Feroze, a close aide of fugitive Dawood Ibrahim, was
arrested by Mumbai police crime branch in February this year
and was handed over to CBI as he was declared wanted accused
in the case.
Feroze has been accused of playing a crucial role in the
landing of arms and explosives used in the blasts. According
to the agency, Feroze transported these explosives to his
residence in suburban Kurla.
Feroze after the blasts allegedly fled to Nepal. Using a
bogus Nepali passport under the name Ferozuddin Hamza, he
allegedly travelled to Dubai and Oman.
meet Dawood. Feroze has also been a close aide of another
arrested accused in the case Mustafa Dossa.
CBI is relying on the evidence of 20 witnesses in their
case against Feroze.
In 2007, special TADA Judge Pramod Kode had convicted 100
accused including actor Sanjay Dutt in connection with the
blasts. Most of them appealed in the Supreme Court, which is
yet to hear them.
Feroze`s trial will be conducted separately before a
special TADA court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today