1993 blasts: CBI files supplementary chargesheet
Mumbai: CBI today filed an over 1000-page
supplementary chargesheet against Feroze Abdul Rashid Khan,
arrested accused in the 1993 serial blasts case.
Feroze, a close aide of fugitive Dawood Ibrahim, was
arrested by Mumbai police crime branch in February this year
and was handed over to CBI as he was declared wanted accused
in the case.
Feroze has been accused of playing a crucial role in the
landing of arms and explosives used in the blasts. According
to the agency, Feroze transported these explosives to his
residence in suburban Kurla.
Feroze after the blasts allegedly fled to Nepal. Using a
bogus Nepali passport under the name Ferozuddin Hamza, he
allegedly travelled to Dubai and Oman.
meet Dawood. Feroze has also been a close aide of another
arrested accused in the case Mustafa Dossa.
CBI is relying on the evidence of 20 witnesses in their
case against Feroze.
In 2007, special TADA Judge Pramod Kode had convicted 100
accused including actor Sanjay Dutt in connection with the
blasts. Most of them appealed in the Supreme Court, which is
yet to hear them.
Feroze`s trial will be conducted separately before a
special TADA court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!