1993 Mumbai serial blasts: How March 12 unfolded
Mumbai: Mumbai was rocked by 12 powerful bomb blasts 20 years ago, in what were India`s first major, precisely co-ordinated serial explosions that claimed more than 260 lives and left the country stunned.
The blasts, which ripped the country`s commercial capital March 12, 1993, were a revenge attack for the December 1992-January 1993 bloody riots in the city. The riots had occurred after the December 6, 1992 demolition of the Babri Mosque in Ayodhya by Hindu groups.
Here is a list of the sites targeted in March 1993, the time at which the blasts occurred and the number of lives lost at each site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand