1993 Mumbai serial blasts: How March 12 unfolded
Mumbai: Mumbai was rocked by 12 powerful bomb blasts 20 years ago, in what were India`s first major, precisely co-ordinated serial explosions that claimed more than 260 lives and left the country stunned.
The blasts, which ripped the country`s commercial capital March 12, 1993, were a revenge attack for the December 1992-January 1993 bloody riots in the city. The riots had occurred after the December 6, 1992 demolition of the Babri Mosque in Ayodhya by Hindu groups.
Here is a list of the sites targeted in March 1993, the time at which the blasts occurred and the number of lives lost at each site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack