1993 Mumbai serial blasts: How March 12 unfolded
Mumbai: Mumbai was rocked by 12 powerful bomb blasts 20 years ago, in what were India`s first major, precisely co-ordinated serial explosions that claimed more than 260 lives and left the country stunned.
The blasts, which ripped the country`s commercial capital March 12, 1993, were a revenge attack for the December 1992-January 1993 bloody riots in the city. The riots had occurred after the December 6, 1992 demolition of the Babri Mosque in Ayodhya by Hindu groups.
Here is a list of the sites targeted in March 1993, the time at which the blasts occurred and the number of lives lost at each site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you