2 arrested for cheating job aspirants
Ghaziabad: Police today arrested two persons who allegedly cheated around two hundred aspirants on the pretext of sending them to foreign countries.
Fake visas, passports and cash amounting to thousands of rupees have also been recovered from them, police said.
Indira Puram police station officer Hari Dayal Singh Yadav said Peeyush Srivastava and Avinash alias Pushpendra Tiwari, both residents of Varanasi, had opened a placement office and were working for a company.
They were being paid a commission ranging from Rs 10,000 to 15,000 for bringing the cases for the company.
The modus operandi was to entice the prospective candidates with heavy remuneration in foreign countries, he said.
After charging hefty sums from the candidates, they used to impound their passports with them, Yadav said, adding, as soon as the money was credited into their bank accounts, they used to stop even communication with the candidates.
A manhunt was on to nab the accomplices of the duo, Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad