2 LeT militants arrested in J&K
Srinagar: Police have arrested two Lashkar-e-Toiba militants from this summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, two days ahead of the high profile music concert featuring world renowned orchestra conductor Zubin Mehta.
The militants were arrested from Chanapora locality of the city during the intervening night of September four and five, police sources said.
While one militant hailed from Chanapora, the other one had come from Sopore town in north Kashmir, sources said.
An AK rifle and a pistol were recovered from their possession, they said.
During questioning, the two militants led the police to a shop in Maisuma where they had stored two hand grenades for possible use in the commercial hub of the city, sources said.
The identity of the militants has been kept a tightly guarded secret even within the police ranks as the top officers suspect other modules might also have entered the city, they said.
Although Lashkar has not commented on the German Embassy organised concert `Ehsaas-e-Kashmir,` three militant outfits issued a threat earlier this week against holding the event.
Al Nasireen, Farzandan-e-Milat and Shuhda Brigade-- considered to be Shadow outfits of LeT -- threatened to target western tourists in Kashmir if the German Ambassador to India remained adamant about holding the event scheduled tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- East India's first cadaver liver transplant in Kolkata
- Niti Aayog to hold consultations today with states on 15-year vision document
- Coal scam: Rathi Steel, 3 officials convicted; quantum of sentence to be declared today
- Alarm bells for Nawaz Sharif! Huge protests rock PoK, locals allege ISI rigged polls in favour of PML(N)
- Chill guys! There's still time for Deepika Padukone, Fawad Khan film