20 E’kulam Duronto exp passengers suffer food poisoning
Kozhikode: Twenty passengers, including five children, on the non-stop Hazrat Nizamuddin (Delhi)-Ernakulam Duronto Express were Monday admitted to a hospital here after suffering from food poisoning.
One of the passengers, admitted to Kozhikode Beach Hospital here, said that they fell ill after eating breakfast, served around 10 a.m.
"We had bread, butter and omelette. After an hour, we developed nausea and started vomiting and some had loose motions. The train arrived at the Kozhikode railway station around 11.40 am and many passengers who felt uncomfortable were taken to the hospital," said the passenger, who did not wish to be identified.
Kozhikode MP MK Raghavan said that initial indications were that it was a case of food poisoning.
"I visited all the people in the hospital and barring one passenger, all others are okay now. We have decided to provide all facilities to the co-passengers travelling along with the hospitalised. After those hospitalised are fit, arrangements to send them to their destination would also be taken care of," he said.
The train resumed its journey to Ernakulam at about 2.30 p.m. after the district collector, railway officials and Raghavan held talks with the passengers and agreed to their demands.
Minister for State for Railways E. Ahamed will be arriving at Kozhikode to probe the incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?