20 E’kulam Duronto exp passengers suffer food poisoning
Kozhikode: Twenty passengers, including five children, on the non-stop Hazrat Nizamuddin (Delhi)-Ernakulam Duronto Express were Monday admitted to a hospital here after suffering from food poisoning.
One of the passengers, admitted to Kozhikode Beach Hospital here, said that they fell ill after eating breakfast, served around 10 a.m.
"We had bread, butter and omelette. After an hour, we developed nausea and started vomiting and some had loose motions. The train arrived at the Kozhikode railway station around 11.40 am and many passengers who felt uncomfortable were taken to the hospital," said the passenger, who did not wish to be identified.
Kozhikode MP MK Raghavan said that initial indications were that it was a case of food poisoning.
"I visited all the people in the hospital and barring one passenger, all others are okay now. We have decided to provide all facilities to the co-passengers travelling along with the hospitalised. After those hospitalised are fit, arrangements to send them to their destination would also be taken care of," he said.
The train resumed its journey to Ernakulam at about 2.30 p.m. after the district collector, railway officials and Raghavan held talks with the passengers and agreed to their demands.
Minister for State for Railways E. Ahamed will be arriving at Kozhikode to probe the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say