20 kg heroin seized along Pak border
Amritsar: BSF personnel seized 20 kg of heroin valued Rs 100 crore in the international market after an encounter with smugglers on the Indo-Pak border in Punjab`s Amritsar district, officials said.
BSF`s night patrolling party on observing suspicious movements at Border Out Post Verowal opened fire at the smugglers in the wee hours, who also retaliated by firing gun shots.
However, taking advantage of fog, the smugglers fled and during search of the area, 20 packets of the contraband were recovered near the border security fencing, a BSF official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional