20 kg heroin seized along Pak border
Amritsar: BSF personnel seized 20 kg of heroin valued Rs 100 crore in the international market after an encounter with smugglers on the Indo-Pak border in Punjab`s Amritsar district, officials said.
BSF`s night patrolling party on observing suspicious movements at Border Out Post Verowal opened fire at the smugglers in the wee hours, who also retaliated by firing gun shots.
However, taking advantage of fog, the smugglers fled and during search of the area, 20 packets of the contraband were recovered near the border security fencing, a BSF official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!