20 TN fishermen released by Lankan court
Rameswaram: A court in Sri Lanka on Monday ordered the release of 20 fishermen from here who were arrested on September 22 for allegedly entering the island nation`s waters.
The court in Mannar ordered the fishermen`s release, fisheries department officials said quoting information received by them this evening.
They were released on a day when External Affairs Minsiter Salman Khurshid began his two-day visit to Sri Lanka where he raised the issue of Tamil Nadu fishermen.
More than 60 fishermen were released by courts in Sri Lanka in the last ten days while several others are lodged in prisons there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Narsingh Yadav selection over Sushil Kumar for 2016 Rio Olympics was fair: WFI tells HC
- B-schools not doing enough to bridge skills gap: Survey
- BMW recalls 120,000 cars over Takata air bags
- Nine-time champion Rafael Nadal pulls out of French Open with wrist injury
- Politicians must restrain from making comments on 2nd term of Rajan: Assocham