20 TN fishermen released by Lankan court
Rameswaram: A court in Sri Lanka on Monday ordered the release of 20 fishermen from here who were arrested on September 22 for allegedly entering the island nation`s waters.
The court in Mannar ordered the fishermen`s release, fisheries department officials said quoting information received by them this evening.
They were released on a day when External Affairs Minsiter Salman Khurshid began his two-day visit to Sri Lanka where he raised the issue of Tamil Nadu fishermen.
More than 60 fishermen were released by courts in Sri Lanka in the last ten days while several others are lodged in prisons there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!